Necklace - J.Crew
Top - Nexx
Jeans - Paige
Shoes - Nine West
Moments of the Week
"I've Got a Quote for That" Moment
I have a giant board in my office that I decided to cover with some of my favorite quotes from Pinterest. Little did I know how handy these quotes would become in my everyday life as a school psychologist! (The following should be read with humor + sarcasm...I would only say these things to people I consider friends and with super great senses of humor :) )
I've memorized them all so it's easy for me to dispense quality advice on-the-spot when co-workers present an opportunity. Here are a few examples:
1. A teacher is complaining about how early she had to get up that morning to prepare for her class and she still has so much working piling up on her desk. I simply look at her and say the following gem before walking away:
2. I was leading a meeting at 7:30am yesterday morning. At 7:40am, a teacher walks into the meeting with the "So sorry I'm late! Traffic was just crazy this morning and I couldn't find my keys..." speech.
What do I do?
I simply quote the following before returning to business:
3. I can't wait to use this one next time the husband wants to have a heated discussion over which college football team is truly the most talented:
(The answer by the way: The Oregon Ducks)
4. A teacher comes into my office to vent about a student who is rather oppositional and giving her a tough time. My response? I look at my wall and find the quote that seems to fit best:
So needless to say, I received a lot of blank stares.
But I like to think that they were just processing these deep thoughts...
Either that or they are all wondering how their school drew the short straw in the school psychologist department? :)
5. And finally...here is a favorite quote for all of YOU lovely ladies:
Winner announced this weekend for the giveaway! Thanks to all who entered!
Have a wonderful weekend friends!
XO - Marion